Today I went hiking...again...
This time I went with one of my class mates - Jaclyn from Florida. We had a great time and now she thinks that I am part mountain goat. That opinion was formed after she saw me go up a few boulders, over some rocks and down a few hills. There was one part where I was not so graceful though. Jaclyn said that the climb was too steep, but noooo....I just did not agree and started up the side of the cliff. I got several feet up and was trying to read the line. I knew that it would not be easy, but wanted to try anyway. There was a rock about the 18" x 6" in diameter and I tested it out before putting my full weight on it. It held and there did not seem to be any movement. I reached up to grab ahold of the next rock up, put my foot on the rock and began to move up...only to go down! The rock gave way and I went with it, sliding down several feet. But all is well...just a few scrapes and "strawberries" on the back of my left calf.
Next week we may drive up Pikes Peak before too much snow is on the road. It's really pretty to see the snow up there each day and I am looking forward to the first big snowfall. Later this week it is supposed to turn cold again and beginning Wednesday, the lows will be below freezing for several days in a row. A little further north some of the ski areas are already open. I am not sure that I want to ski, but would like to go tubing and dog sledding. That sounds more fun to me.
Guess I should update y'all on all of the other happenings around here....
Next week I will start week four of training at T. Rowe Price and it is going well thus far.
School is going well also. I made a 100 on my last test and am going to prepare for a couple more tests tomorrow. The tests will be over the Holy Spirit II and Ephesians. On Wednesday I had to give my testimony. Honestly, I was hesitant and my flesh wanted to get up and say, "I was born...and then I was born again...and now I am here," and then sit down. God did not agree with that plan and so I just said what I thought He was asking me to say. About half way through I felt something break on the inside - like a wall was falling down - and later after our second hour class, tears started to flow. The manifest presence of the Holy Spirit was so strong and it felt like God was wrapping His arms around me and He had a few things to say to me - words of encouragement, instruction and direction. I can't really say that was said, but I will say that God is so good and so loving and kind and full of mercy and grace. For this I am very appreciative.
I am trying to think if there is any other news...
Tonight I did finally get a casual coat for the winter. I found it on Craig's List and the price was great. But even better was the opportunity to talk to the guy about God and about Jesus. He had a few questions and the conversation was very interesting. I was able to sow some seeds and believe that they will come to full fruition. It was kind of interesting at times, though, because he was very influenced by his education in philosophy, but even so, the Holy Spirit was there to walk me through and to give me words to say. He is so cool like that!
I am adding some new pics to the blog from today's activities... hope you enjoy them!
Will post more info later...
Love ya,
konya
2 comments:
ll this hiking thing must be very healthy--
and fun, too.
'tis great to have friends to share it with, too-especially Holy Ghost filled friends. Sounds to me that Father has you just where He wants you for
the present.
I really enjoy this blog!
Larry
awesome website! i hope you're having fun! Colorado is very neat and cool...actually very cold. anyway, have a great time at school!
Love,
Georgia
Post a Comment