After we went here (it is a dirt road off of CO77... and no, don't ask how I know where the dirt trails are... let's just say that I like adventure), then we went back up Hwy 24 toward Lake George and saw a sign pointing toward Eleven Mile Canyon. I had heard that it was pretty, so we took the right-hand turn and went exploring. What a blast!!!!! The canyon runs along a river stream (South Platte River I think) and is amazingly beautiful. There were mountains on either side, a river down the middle, lots of whitewater, people fly fishing and some geese along the way. But the best part was sharing all of this with two wonderful friends!
The aspen trees were just beginning to show their fall colors, so next weekend should be an amazing display of color. I can hardly wait! Hopefully I will be able to get some really pretty shots, especially of the Aspen groves. The colors that we did see were so vibrant - much better in person than in a magazine.
We also saw a few tunnels that went through the side of the mountain and that was really pretty as well.
On our way back we were talking and then an "Oh my gosh!" came out of my mouth. We pulled over and took an immediate right on this dirt road. On the side of the mountain were three does and a buck. That had to have been the largest rack I had ever seen in my life. It was huge! We watched for a few moments and then then scampered up the mountainside. God is sooooo cool!
We returned to Purity's house and she cooked us dinner - lamb, some type of corn meal and Kenyan-style rice. It was very good. And then afterwards we studied for our test that is coming on Tuesday.
Speaking of tests, can you tell me the following? 3 Bible doctrines on the Holy Spirit, the 3 dispensation of the Holy Spirit, the 3 things that Jesus taught us about the Holy Spirit, what 3 things will help us do the works of Jesus, 6 qualities (characteristics) of the Holy Spirit, what 3 things the Holy Spirit does in the world, 5 things the Holy Spirit does for believers or 4 powers that we have from and through the Holy Spirit. If you can answer these questions, you are more than welcome to come take my test for me. :-) OK... that's a glimpse of what is going to be on the test... should be fun.
I've added a few new pics this time, so take a look if you would like. Hopefully I will be able to post more next week. And if you want to see them in a larger format, just double-click the picture (slide show) and it should come up in a different window, and at a larger size.
One last thing before I forget... I had a meeting with the media pastor at Orchard Road Christian Center today after church and it went really well. I will be starting to do observation next Sunday and then will be on the Media Shout schedule starting in October and then possibly later start helping with some camera work. God is so wonderful! I am excited!
That's all for now... :-)
1 comment:
WOW! The pictures are BEAUTIFUL! And your friends look so sweet! When is the snow going to start?
Post a Comment